Take a minute to introduce yourself to waiters network. Introductions only, Please.

Tags: Bartenders, Waitress, chefs, host, managers, restaurant, waiters

Views: 597

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Although I've already written a couple of blog posts, I haven't properly introduced myself.  My name is Nicole Marlar and I've been in the restaurant business for 14 years.  I have worked in several restaurants in several roles, but mainly as a server and bartender.  It was while working at one restaurant I met my husband who currently works as an executive chef.  

Over the years I have enjoyed my time in the industry, mainly because of my love for food, mixology, wine, and everything thing else in the culinary arts.  In addition to my love for the culinary arts, I love to write.  So I decided it's time to merge the two.  Cheers!

Well i suppose i can throw my two cents in as well. Hello my name is Ivar, newbie waiter from Estonia. Quite new and unskilled in the restaurant business and bar scene just a bit over a year and a half but i love my job and i love my coffee. Age is 19 so it purely would be impossible for me to work at this position for 14 years like Nicole but suppose that doesn't really matter as I'm here to improve my skills and knowledge from veterans like Nicole. Love to mix drinks and also decorate dishes... even though its not a part of my job. Big fan of latte art and big fan of a perfect crema on my espresso not sure if thats how you say it in English.. but yeah hi everyone :)

I am a server, blogger, and author from Kansas City, MO.  I write a network of restaurant blogs known collectively as The Hospitality Formula Network and recently released my first book, Tips²: Tips For Improving Your Tips.  I have been blogging on the restaurant industry for about a year and a half, but still put on an apron and serve at The Majestic Restaurant in Kansas City.  I also do consulting work and website design for restaurants.  It keeps me busy, but after 16 years in this business I have learned to love being busy.  I am very interested in this network as a community based social networking site and am eager to watch it develop.

As a former Food and Beverage Management student, I believe that the knowledge I obtained through intensive studies, together with many years of practical experience, and have experience in the Cruise Line Industry, and experience in Supervision and Management positions.

While interacting continuously and effectively with staff, clients and suppliers, I have successfully demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills.

Pedro Bengalinha

Good to have you here Pedro,hope you like our web site !!!

Pedro Bengalinha said:

As a former Food and Beverage Management student, I believe that the knowledge I obtained through intensive studies, together with many years of practical experience, and have experience in the Cruise Line Industry, and experience in Supervision and Management positions.

While interacting continuously and effectively with staff, clients and suppliers, I have successfully demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills.

Pedro Bengalinha

Hi

My name is Lars Hillestad, I'm 25 years old and from Holmestrand, Norway.

I started in the food industry  with a part time job in a butcher shop when I was 14.

I went to culinary school and got my chefs diploma in 2005. Since then I have been working at different hotels in Kristiansand as a Chef. In 2008 I started working as souschef at Ernst hotel in Kristiansand and in 2010 I started as kitchen manager in a little restaurant called Bakgården.

I have also worked part time as a bartender for 3 years and worked four years as a bouncer on two discos, one cocktail bar and a pub.

I'm also a member of the norwegian bartenders assosiation.

I think thats me in a few words

Hey I'm Nicky! I am a server and have been at various restaurants for 5 years. I've just kind of started to get very frustrated with people in general sense working in this industry. The selfishness and thoughtlessness that so many people have just blows my mind!

Hey everyone! I'm Josie. My husband (Curtis) and I are both servers in Memphis, TN and we own a website called "Push The Fish" where we blog and write songs about the restaurant industry. :)  Curtis has been a music producer for years and combined his love for music with our careers waiting tables and this is what we came up with! We have 6 children and we all love Disney World! We hope to move there sometime soon and live it up with Mickey and friends for the rest of time. ;)

My name is Tomasso and I am a waiter. 

As such, I am neither a by-the-book, over-apologizing, sycophant flunkie nor a complaining, bitching, embittered, transient, can-I-please-be-cut, waitng-for-something-better-to-come-along pothead.  I was awarded the surname Che Guevara by a hotel guru who came to help manage our neighborhood Italian restaurant for a year in between corporate gigs. I fought his straight-laced formalism from day one with my vehement distaste for change and for invoking the rulebook, and as a result, we became the best of friends.  

I have spent fourteen years in four different restaurants learning to love my job in the 'front of the house', and wouldn't trade it for anything. The restaurant I work in is neither casual nor stuffy, and everyone I work with has a monumental work ethic and sense of humor.  I am not without my list of annoyances and pet peeves with guests as it gives me something to react to and to write about, but I have no intention of seeking a job that looks more impressive to the rest of the outside world.  I have the restless mind of an ADD kid and work six and seven nights a week, refusing to let anyone else close as I am super-competitive.  In the morning hours I work out and tune pianos in the same pair of jeans that I wear in the dining room.  I eat everything in sight and I am brutally honest and extremely proud of my work.  Serving people is a simple exchange, but if you have a vocabulary, an obsession with details, a risk-taking temperament, and a desire to bounce off the walls when you're busy, there is plenty of room to be creative and enjoy yourself.

great story Che thx

Hello all, my name is Katy. I've worked as a cook, hostess, manager, bartender and server. I've worked in places from super fancy restaurants to biker bars, and had the same problems, and joys, with clientele and management no matter where I was. I am currently working on a degree unrelated to the service industry, though this is how I've supported myself for over 14 years. I tend to feel that workers in this industry are sometimes relegated, by customers and managers/owners, to a role that makes us less than human, and we are treated as such. We are subjected to treatment that would be completely unacceptable in any other industry on a daily basis. That being said, I personally think it's been worthwhile; I find what I do is fun, exciting and challenging and I wouldn't trade my experiences for anything. I love meeting new people, I love it when I contribute to someone having a fantastic evening, I love the friendships I've developed through it and as for the unpleasant times, well, they can make for good stories.

Hi there!

I'm Cordelia, and I'm new here.  Just joined today in fact.  I was invited here by a comment left on my blog by someone at Waiterstoday.com. And I thought, 'why not?' then I had like 15 shifts in a row and I forgot to join. Until tonight :0). I do things like that a lot, I also leave the cereal box in the fridge sometimes. 

I live in Fl and I am a server/bartender/foodrunner/sommelier/whateverthehellpositionyouneedmetoworkinadamnrestaurant.  That's what I do, and I've been doing it for 15 years; I just turned 30.  I recently quit one of my 2 jobs to go back to school (for real this time) and i'm heading down a new path. It's all dark and scary, and I'm sure i'll need lots of xanax and booze to make it through.  So i'm sure i'll be doing some writing here, or on my blog.  I'm kind of bi-polar when it comes to posting..I might post 15 times in one day and then nothing for 6 months...that's just how I roll.  

RSS

© 2014   Created by Waiters Today.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for The Waiters Today Social Network...